Am I the only one who…?
Am I the only one who…?
If you’re having trouble seducing your girl, set in motion a chain of events that sparks a massive civil war and ends up killing her and half of her family.
Rule 1: Always post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 12 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 12 new people and link them to the post.
Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them.
I was tagged by: Deirdre
Questions I was asked:
1. There’s a book in which no matter what music is inserted into the music player, the music always turns into Queen. If you could listen to only one artist for the rest of your life, which would it be?
Probably Gotye because many of his songs sound completely different from each other and I’d be less likely to go insane that way.
2. What’s your favourite word?
3. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to and why?
I’d make “Sylvia” my middle name because I don’t have a middle name and it’s a name with a bit of family history.
4. What was the last super embarrassing thing you did?
I had a lecturer notice me nodding off in a lecture recently. Luckily he didn’t address it until everyone else left, but I still felt bad for doing so because I actually like the subject he teaches.
5. If you could see in shades and tints of only one colour, which colour would you choose?
Purple, I guess?
6. What’s a word you have a habit of saying too often?
It’s a draw between “like” and “also”.
7. Do you sing in the shower?
No! I’m terrified people will hear me, although I have a reasonable voice.
8. You have to rename a Crayola crayon. Which crayon would you rename, what would you rename it to, and why?
I would rename the white crayon “Ned Stark’s Bastard” because Jon Snow.
9. Would you rather be a selkie (a human who can transform into a seal) or a swan maiden (a human who can transform into a swan)?
A swan maiden because swans are aggressive shits when they want to be (seals can be too, but seals can’t fly and swans are just generally cooler).
10. Tell me a story (can be true or made up).
Once I stayed at university until 6pm identifying insects, and I found out that I caught a really uncommon wasp from the Monomachidae family. The lecturer said that he’d have to take the specimen I had off of my hands once I handed in my collection for marking because they only have one or two of them for students to ID.
11. If you could live in another time period for a month, where/when would you choose and why?
I dunno. Probably medieval England, except women were treated pretty badly then, so I’d probably have a horrible time.
12. You can design your own planet however you wish. Describe it.
Several land masses with warm ocean currents and the continents have everwet conditions so that they’re covered entirely by rainforest. Basically Australia 50 million years ago.
HELP I CAN’T STOP
‘Fuck You!’ starring Tony Abbott. He really has his finger on the pulse of
the nationhis dick.
I would say it’s not really fair to use 30+ year old comments against him, if he wasn’t still such a massive fuck.
These agate slices are turned into modern art with simple framing. Check out the incredibly easy DIY Agate Art at Dans le Townhouse. FYI - the slices you can sometimes get a great deal on at Ebay.
got meme: [2/2] quotes — “woman?”,
she chuckled. “Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap, if I took you for a man.”
Secretary Birds (Sagittarius serpentarius), from Africa. Diet consists of snakes that they kill by stomping on their heads.
Pink Velvet Worm (Opisthopatus roseus)
…is a species of Peripatopsid velvet worm found only in the Ngele Forest in South Africa. Like other velvet worms the pink velvet worm is a voracious predator and will feed on any small invertebrates that it happens across. To dispatch its prey it will shoot a sticky string-like liquid out of two tubes on its head, this liquid will immobilize its prey allowing the velvet worm to secrete digestive juices in the prey’s body to eat it. The pink velvet worm is primarily nocturnal and is often found in rotting logs and wet leaf litter on the forest floor. Currently the pink velvet worm is listed as critically endangered as it is affected by habitat loss.
I literally gasped